Thursday, 11 March 2010 03:00
The administrator of the defunct A1GP World Cup of Motorsport series has put the assets of the championship up for sale.
A1GP - Unique opportunity to acquire Grand Prix race cars 'powered by Ferrari' and Lola-Zytek race cars from GoIndustry DoveBid .
Private Treaty Sale - By order of Timothy Bramston FCA for A1 Grand Prix Operations Ltd (in Administration) and Tony Murphy FCA for A1 Holdings Ltd (in Liquidation)
A1GP founded in 2004 is a single manufacturer, open wheel Grand Prix formula racing series ratified by the FIA. The series was nation based and included high profile drivers such as Nelson Piquet Jr., Vitantonio Liuzzi and Sébastien Buemi, who also raced in Formula One.
The Administrator and Liquidator are together offering for sale the assets of A1 Grand Prix known as the World Cup of Motorsport, which includes the latest Ferrari engined single seat race cars (2008), the earlier Lola-Zytek cars (2005) and all the support equipment, including the Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT Semi-Auto 4 Door and Ferrari 599GTB Semi-Auto Coupe track safety cars.
Offers are invited for the whole asset package featuring:
Grand Prix race cars powered by Ferrari
- Twenty Ferrari engined single seat race cars, built in 2008 based on the F2004 Formula One Ferrari designed by Rory Byrne, Ross Brawn and Aldo Costa for the 2004 Formula One season, when Michael Schumacher became world champion.
- Spare engines, original body moulds, wind tunnel models and other miscellaneous spare parts.
Lola-Zytek Grand Prix race cars
- Twelve single seat race cars, built 2005. Lola B05/52 was the spec car used the by the series from the 2005 - 2006 season to the 2007–08 season. It was powered by a Zytek engine and the former chassis is now used in the Euro Formula 3000 series, starting in 2009.
Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT Semi-Auto 4 Door and Ferrari 599GTB Semi-Auto Coupe safety and medical cars as shown in the picture gallery of the auction page.
Miscellaneous support equipment including
- 25 team shacks, tyre shack, spares shack, 80 flight cases, pit perches and car racks
- Wheels, tyres, support and transport racks
If not sold as a whole, the above will be available in packages. Interested parties should contact
as soon as possible.
If you found this service informative please be kind and leave a tip.